For this blog I was asked to look at local New Hampshire
business pages and review them. Since I personally do not like any New
Hampshire business pages I decided to turn to my trusting friend Google for some
help. Google did some major searching, and 116million in a matter of seconds! So
here is my review of the New Hampshire Facebook business pages, well a review
of three pages instead of the 116 million
.
Business NH Magazine Facebook
The first page I decided to look at was Business NH Magazine,
it had 384 likes. I was not very impressed with the Business NH Magazine Facebook
page itself here is why. The cover photo was a photo of what I can assume to be
an upcoming event. I am not sure of this though. The cover photo says Lean and
Green Awards 2012, I am not really sure what that has to do with the business
or if it was necessary to use as the cover photo.
Looking through the posts on the wall, I noticed that the
person running the Facebook page, posts a few times a week, which is positive. It
is important to keep an active page. It would have been nice to see questions
that would result in feedback. However, there are a few comments, but I think
there could be more if page manager could post open ended question to get some
attention to the page.
The page also has photos on it. The photos do not really
have and explanation so I did not really know who the people I was looking at
are and why they were important. I would also like to make a quick comment on
some of the posts. Some of the posts were in Twitter language, and it does not
look to professional to be using Twitter Language on Facebook. See what I am talking
about by clicking Business NH Magazine.
Art for Life Tattoo
The Art for Life Tattoo Facebook page has 4, 826 likes,
leading me to believe that the manager of the page knows how to advertise well.
The cover photo is a picture of different tattoos and the business logo. This business
is located in Keene, NH and if you know anything about Keene, it is a college
town, which I can assume means they are reaching out to college students.
The posts on the page are pictures of tattoos the artists
have created. I find this interesting to see the range of art that can be made
into tattoos. Most of the photos have multiple likes and comments. I really
liked how they respond to the people visiting the site. It allows people to see
types of tattoos and to get the name of your business out to the public. People
like to comment on what they can see, so the different pictures give the
audience and idea of the artwork, and allow people to comment on it.
In the photo albums the manger posts and album for each tattoo
artist. This gives the viewer an idea of the different artists’ capability. There
is also an album that shows what the parlor looks like. This gives people an
idea of what people are going to walk in on. This album also shows people a
clean work environment. I think the Facebook manager is doing a good job
keeping people interested in the business. Check out the page here.
Haunted Overload
I really enjoyed this page, it might be because of the time
of year but Haunted Overload in Lee NH did a good job. Haunted Overload has
over 2,000 likes. They had contests which always attracts attention to the
page. As a follow up to the contest, they posted who the winner was. Haunted
Overload also posted questions for people to answer allowing for feedback and
interaction.
Haunted Overload had a good photo album and people liked to
comment on the pictures they posted. They also had announcements about their
new Instagram page, and a photo album showing the Instagram photos. They also
had an events page which informed viewers about the events that will be
happening soon.
The final thing I will comment on is their postings. On Tuesday
the Haunted Overload, posts a trivia question and give people the opportunity to
win free passes. The page did a really good job getting people to like the
page. Click to get spooked


No comments:
Post a Comment